This Long Service Leave Calculator is specific to New South Wales. Long service leave entitlements vary from State to State and will depend upon specific provisions (if any) in any applicable modern award, enterprise agreement, or other industrial instrument.
The NSW calculator should not be used to calculate entitlements for any other State without first checking whether the long service leave entitlement is the same as that in NSW (that is, 2 months after 10 years’ service).
About Australianbiz - Small Business Tax & Financial Mangement Tools
Australianbiz is a subscription based on-line tax & financial management tools platform. The site provides an extensive range of small business focused tax and business articles, tax and finance calculators, tax checklists, business templates and other practical information.
The site is a very handy resource for small business owners, public practice and commercial accountants, bookkeepers and other SME advisors.
The major features of our site include:
- An extensive library of tax and business articles . Click here for further details.
- A range of templates which include an employment contract and contractor agreement plus a business purchase tax checklist. These documents are updated on an annual basis. Click here to view the full list of templates.
- A number of finance and tax calculators which include a linked P & L and cash flow budget that records debtors and creditors payment terms and automatic GST reporting, a property CGT calculator, and a monthly hire purchase amortisation calculator. Click here to view the full list of calculators.
We offer the following types of subscriptions:
1. Standard for SME businesses, accountants and other SME advisors - click here for further details
2. Premium Directory Listing for accounting firms only - click here for further details
3. Creation of Websites for Accounting Firms - click here for further details
4. Articles for Accounting Firms Websites - click here for further details
Each subscription provides immediate access to all the "members only" information on the site.
Find an Accountant on our Accountants Directory
Our accountants directory contains a comprehensive listing of firms across Australia that allows small businesses to search for an accountant in their area.
Accountants in New South Wales
Accountants in Victoria
Accountants in Queensland
Accountants in Western Australia
Accountants in South Australia
Accountants in Australia Capital Territory
Accountants in Tasmania
Accountants in Northern Territory
Alternatively Click here to do a more comprehensive search for an accounting firm on our directory.
This calculator has been developed for use by New South Wales employers and employees. However, the calculator can also be used by employers and employees across Australia as a guide to an employee's entitlement to long service leave based upon the assumptions that each employee is entitled to two (2) months long service leave after ten (10) years of service, and thirteen (13) weeks leave after fifteen (15) years of service. An employee's long service leave entitlement may vary from State to State and be influenced by the applicable Federal or State Award, Certified Agreement or Enterprise Agreement for each employee. The calculator is not a comprehensive statement of the law or practice with regards to long service leave entitlements and as such cannot be totally relied upon. If specific advice on the law regarding long service leave entitlements is required, it should be sought from a legal professional on a formal basis.
Australianbiz and its representatives disclaim all liability for any loss or damage to any person or organisation, whether a user of this site or not, for the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person relying on this information.